Drummond runs a comprehensive junior coaching programme, junior teams and junior tournaments. The sessions listed below are a guideline as the appropriate session for your child will be based on ability and listening skills as well as age. If in doubt about which course is appropriate, please contact Ross (email@example.com or 07974 801439), Ildi (firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07413 014669), Edwin (email@example.com or 07397 149420), Abdul (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07775 470826) or Oli (email@example.com or 07742 431468).
Mini RED Tennis ( 5-8yrs ) and Little Stars ( 3-5yrs )
- Little Stars Sessions for 3-5 yrs: Wednesday 4:00-4:30pm & 4:30-5:00pm, Thursday 4:00-4:30pm & 4:30-5:00pm, and Friday 4:00-4:30pm
- Current Sessions for 5-6 yrs: Monday 4-5pm, Friday 4:30-5:30pm & Saturday 9-9:45am
- Current Sessions for 7-8 yrs: Tuesday 4-5pm & Thursday 5-6pm
Mini Red Tennis is played on a smaller court with mini nets and is the best way of teaching young players the fundamentals of the game as the tennis ball is slightly bigger and slower. Here players will learn the correct shot technique, as well as the correct balance and footwork needed for when they are older.
Mini ORANGE Tennis ( 9-10yrs )
- Current sessions: Tuesday 5-6pm, Wednesday 4-5pm, Thursday 6-7pm, and Saturday 9:45-10:30am
Played on a bigger court with a slightly quicker ball than the Mini Red, Mini Orange Tennis puts into practice what players learnt in the Mini Red Tennis, but now the focus is more on the tactical play and to have a better understanding of how to play matches.
Mini GREEN Tennis ( 10-11yrs )
- Current sessions: Wednesday 5-6pm, and Saturday 9:30-10:30am & 11:30-12:30pm.
Mini Green Tennis is played on a full court which gives players the chance to develop more power and accuracy in their game after learning the technique and tactics from Mini Red and Mini Orange. Developing more power and accuracy is needed for when they enter the juniors.
Juniors ( 11-16yrs )
- Current sessions (12 and under): Tuesday 5-6pm, Thursday 6-7pm, Friday 5:30-6:30pm & Saturday 1-2pm.
- Current sessions (14 and under): Monday 5-6pm, Wednesday 6-7pm & Saturday 10:30-11:30am.
- Current sessions (16 and under): Saturday 12-1pm & 1-2pm (advanced)
- Current sessions (Girls): Tuesday 6-7pm & Saturday 10:30-11:30am, are girls group for girls playing with yellow ball
- Current sessions (Cardio): currently not offered with emphasis on fitness rather than technique
Junior tennis is played on a full court and with a adult tennis ball. Generally at this age more advanced tennis skills are learnt as players are older. Players in this age group are more likely to have a good understanding of how to play both singles and doubles.
In addition, Drummond has a number of performance squads which are by invitation only. The following documents provide further information or form part of our booking process:
- More information about cost, dates and session times
- Booking form for junior sessions
- Permission forms for juniors
Drummond takes child safety issues seriously and has a junior policy. Any concerns should be reported to our Welfare Officer, Christine Twomey (07958 968212 or firstname.lastname@example.org).